From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 8:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fop and JDK1.2 (using ant copy tasks to select
implementations)

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 14:43, Rhett Aultman wrote:
>. . .
> Rather than relying on Ant, I'd say a runtime detection of VM demographics
> (version, vendor, etc) would be in order, which could then allow a
> classloader to select the correct classes to instantiate.
>. . .

I like your idea a lot - hopefully it won't be too complicated to implement,
but there might be cases where you actually have classes that do not compile
on some VM version.

If that's the case, multiple JDKs might be needed to compile FOP completely,
and we must make sure that "single-VM" compilation remains possible. So we
might need to combine both approaches in the end.

-Bertrand