On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 22:35, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> No. Batik, the SVG rasterizer, either cannot find the referenced file or
> it cannot decode its format.
> Point 1: file:b.svg is, technically, an invalid URL. FOP tries to cope
> with it, but Batik has it's of logic. Use b.svg or a full path
> file:///path/to/b.svg. In the first case, all three files a.svg, b.svg
> and c.fo should be in the current directory.

   "b.svg" does not work. By the way, I took the file:b.svg syntax from
the external.fo file in the FOP svg examples ;-)

> Point 2: Neither of the code snippets you show has the SVG namespace
> declared as default namespace. The usual way is that this is done in
> the SVG DTD. Check whether both files either include a proper DOCTYPE
> declaration pointing to the DTD, or declare the SVG namespace.

        The SVG namespace was declared, I'm sorry for the rather poor code
examples I submited. When I add the doctype, it works. But I was not
aware the doctype was mandatory, is it ?
        What confuses me is the fact that batik reads b.svg correctly but FOP
doesn't. But FOP delegates SVG handling to batik... Could you explain me
if it's normal behaviour ?

> Point 3: Your b.svg links retro.svg, not a.svg.

        cf. pt 2

> J.Pietschmann

        Thanks a lot for your help,
        Dom