Hello,

On Friday 26 July 2002 10:20, Mulet, Jordi wrote:
>. . .
>  We have started to experiment with jfor (FO->RTF) and we don't know the
> best path to follow and if there are plans to integrate jfor in FOP as a
> RTF renderer.
>. . .

Note that the jfor license was recently changed to allow it to an
ASF-compatible one, see www.jfor.org for more info. This allows jfor to be
distributed with ASF projects.

This means that the RTF library part of jfor can be used in binary form as
a back-end for FOP (StructureHandler) to generate RTF, without having to
maintain two RTF libraries (which would be the case if the jfor RTF code was
moved to the FOP codebase).

I think this will ease the transition from jfor to FOP for RTF generation,
until FOP 1.x is released.

--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, cocoon, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 disclaimer: eternity is very long. mostly towards the end. get ready.