Is there any way to ask FOP to allow line breaks before and after
particular characters -- in my case, mdashes? Apologies if this should
actually be specified in the FO; I've been trying to find a place in the
FO spec which says how to specify legal breaking characters, and I've
failed so far. It does seem to imply that a formatter should have access
to rules for legal breaking characters per script.

---
  "Users complain that they receive too much spam, while spammers protest
messages are legal." -InfoWorld
  "You do not have to do everything disagreeable that you have a right to
do." -Judith Martin (Miss Manners)