I did. And it seems like the right class to use, but it looks like it
just hyphenates one word at a time(?).

Can you point me toward which class decides which word is last on a line
(measures text length), and hands it off to hyphenator? If I could just
get a point of reference as to how Hyphenator is called by a specific
block, I think I could ferret out the rest pretty quick. I checked the
Javadoc, but couldn't find which class(es) used hyphenator on the
block-level.

Thanks for your help!

jw