Kevin O'Neill wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 11:21, Peter B. West wrote:

"I like it" is the acid test; for me, of all code, but in particular for open source. Open source may be driven by many things, but money is not one of them. Pleasure is, and is high on the list. In spite of that, OS generates vast amounts of high-quality software. Go figure.

I'll disagree, open source can be driven by money, but lets agree to
disagree :). We both agree that OS rocks though.
Yes, I take your point, and I am happy that companies are beginning to invest significant resources in OS. I just hope the the primary impulses of OS are not suppressed in the process.

How unusual it is to have an (almost) shared time zone.

Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"