It's my understanding that none of the things you've mentioned are actually part of the FO standard, since FO doesn't deal with the possible rendering formats that FO can be translated to.  How could any of the things you mentioned be applicable to an AWT rendering or a text rendering?  I haven't seen a part of the FO spec that deals with the things you're talking about, although I'm only a junior developer around here.

I think we've talked about special PDF extensions for FOP, too, but that doesn't really go anywhere because we have so much else to be doing.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Connor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 2:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Novice: Seeking to control PDF properties using xsl:FO

Hey there,

I’m new to a lot of this stuff but gotta catch up quick if I would like to continue eating, having a roof over my head etc J.

I need to investigate what PDF properties can be controlled through FO (Example:  Locking during saves, what can be config’d/edited, can I add custom toolbars to PDF from FO?)  and I barely know where to start.

Is it possible to have a PDF in a Web page and have a link for say printing that would initiate a PDF print rather than a browser printer.

Any leads/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Mike