Peter B. West wrote:
[...]

STATUS:

The XML pull buffering has been working for some considerable time. I have simply been extending the get/expect methods on top of the simpler methods as I have found a requirement for them in building the FO tree.
In cases where the DTD is well known and well structured, XML pull is much easier to use than SAX.

For example, one can write a XSL styleshees with templates or with many <for-each>. SAX is similar to tomplates, XML pull is similar to <for-each>.

Having worked so much with SAX stuff, I can say that in many cases SAX is effectively a PITA, as DOM is for some, and as XML pull is too for some.

If the code proves to be easier to understand and write, it will be easier to fix and maintain, so this option should IMHO taken in strong consideration.

My 2c

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- verba volant, scripta manent -