Hi,

I'm using fop 0.20.4 with jdk 1.4 and would like to get some background
information about how fop embedds unicode character from a true type font which
is not one of the 14 PDF Standard Fonts. I used "Arial Unicode Ms.ttf" to
embed some asien characters into an pdf document. Based on the information from
the fop homepage I assume that only the needed character, its encoding and the
glyph is embedded into the pdf file to enable the Acrobat Reader to render
the character correctly.  Is that correct, or are more information embedded
like the whole codepage in which the charater is in? Or which information are
exactly embedded into the pdf file? Can I rely on the assumption that the
pdf file with the embedded font will be displayed correctly independingly on
the
operating system and the available fonts on which ever computer the pdf file
is trying to be viewed?

Is it possible to create a PDF file with FOP which just describes a
character by its unicode representation and the corresponding glyph to display the
character is loaded from one of the available fonts from the computer where the
pdf file is viewed? That would be an interesting an valueable feature
instead of embedding the font file.

Thanks a lot for any information to clarify understanding!

Markus