Peter B. West wrote:

> Victor Mote wrote:
> > Christian Geisert wrote:
> >

> >>for the documentation for the maintenance release I think the
> >>best thing is to copy src/documentation over from trunk and then
> >>add a simple <exec command="forrest"> to build.xml
> >>Comments?
> >

> > I had a thought left over from our discussion of branching a
> few weeks ago
> > that might help here. I convinced myself at the time that, when
> checking out
> > the maintenance branch, using the "-f" option on a checkout
> would get the
> > trunk version of any files that aren't on the maintenance branch. I am
> > headed out the door or I would try it right now. I suppose that it is
> > possible that doing so would also check out some files that
> would break the
> > build or override something that we don't want overridden, but
> I think it
> > would be worth a try.
>
> It should do.  However, you will still have to 'cvs add' and 'cvs
> commit' them on the maintenance branch.  Another possibility. especially
> for directories are not going to be merged back into the HEAD and whose
> content is largely the same, is to merge them out from HEAD into maint.

Actually, there is no need for this. All we want here is a way to get the
documentation built for the maintenance release. However, even if we wanted
to use this on a regular basis in the maintenance branch, there is no need
to branch these files -- they essentially are shared between the trunk and
the maintenance branch.

Victor Mote