Roland wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that the apache project uses mostly XML files for configuration. Personally I prefer using ".properties" files because then I don't have the overhead of parsing the file each time. So what's the advantage of using XML files?
They are hierarchical, can easily be transformed and published via XSLT and in some build systems used with xpath queries.

Thanks for any answers...

            - verba volant, scripta manent -