Peter S. Housel wrote:

> Looks like they want to donate it to Gnome, not Apache.

AFAIR, the BSD license is pretty incompatible with the Apache license. One
of the reasons that the xmlroff announcement doesn't change my commitment to
FOP is that, for my interests anyway, the Apache license is superior. Others
are that it is not written in Java, and only runs on Sun-supported operating
systems. It almost seems like Java was bypassed because it runs on Microsoft
operating systems. There are other deficiencies that I think are probable,
but we won't know until we get to play with it.

I definitely intend to keep plugging away at FOP.

Victor Mote