Deperated volunteers? I can do without, I was just taking responsibility
because nobody wanted to take the first step. :-)

I really don't know. If you look here:http://xml.apache.org/management.html.
The PMC elects new members. So in theory all we can do is provide
candidates, but obviously not all of us are well known to the current
PMC members. So how would the they choose? They might leave that to us.
I don't know.

One point I'd like to make is the following: Christian is our current
release manager. Since the PMC role has a lot to do with releases, he is
an obvious candidate IMO. That doesn't mean I should be the other just
because I volunteered first or something like that. This is one
objective point for Christian and zero for Peter and me.

Common guys! I'd like to have some participation on this matter from all
the committers since this an important thing.

On 21.01.2003 13:38:47 Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Ok, we've got 3 desperated volunteers. Should we vote?

Jeremias Maerki