On 21.02.2003 00:17:51 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Victor Mote wrote:
> > I agree. There are some other parts of FOP that would seem to be similar --
> > fonts and hyphenation come to mind.
>
> I was always under the impression there is some overlap
> with Batik, programs producing charts or organigrams
> (drawing boxes around text) and the like. Now, who's
> going to coordinate this stuff?

Well, for Apache-local stuff this is the Apache community. Maybe small
packages that are of use in more than one place one of the many Commons
projects may be the right place. We could at least try to compile a list
of those known to us and put it on the FOP site.

For packages that exist outside of Apache we can only have some links to
them. Don't know how this can be coordinated at all.

At least, having pointers to such projects on the FOP website helps
these projects to gain publicity.

Jeremias Maerki