Victor,

I was referring to the comment in CVS for exactly the fonts.Font and
fonts.TypeFace classes, as these mention the transition of the
layout.FontState to the fonts package (and had your name on them, so I
presumed you might have an idea...)

> I'm not sure what you are asking for here. IIRC, layout.FontState has
> basically been moved to fonts.Font. What has happened (I think)
> is that the
> font variant code was added to the maintenance branch, but not to
> the trunk.

In fact, I'm not really asking anything, just trying to provide some
pointers --and have them provided...;) Now, since the other thread (between
John, Peter & yourself) mentioned getter and setter methods WRT property
management, and font-variant is a property --Would it be correct to assume
that such getters and setters would still have to be added in relevant
classes? (Apart from the actual "hack" Joerg & Chris are talking about
elsewhere in this thread)

> I actually don't have much insight at the moment on whether the applicable
> maintenance branch code can just be brought across to the trunk.

Don't worry, this is about to be explored. :)

Greetz,

Andreas