Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter B. West [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

J.Pietschmann wrote:

I've got a lot of ideas myself, perhaps too many. What the
project needs is *working* *code*.

Working code is predicated on working ideas, is it not? That's why I asked about ideas.

Not necessarily (--that, I believe, is Victor's whole point). You can have perfectly working software, which turns out to be poorly designed, and the biggest problem there is that the flaws in the design will almost always turn up at a moment when it's least convenient to change it (we'll leave the name-dropping to _your_ imagination ;) )

My meaning was that software doesn't write itself - all software is thought into existence (even software from code generators.)

I agree with your final point, with the substitution of "imperfectly-working" for "perfectly-working." (Note - this was a conversation with Joerg.)