It's probably not *yet* time to set 1.4 as the JDK to
code against for 1.0, but it probably wouldn't be much
of a disaster if we did so either.

By the time 1.0 is release-ready, 90% will either be
on 1.4 or will be upgrading to 1.4 along with the
upgrade of FOP 0.20.x to 1.0.  The remaining 10% can
linger on 0.20.x for the few extra months they need.

I'm not inclined to recode it (Finn's code anyway ;),
and Peter has more important things to focus on as
well.  Let's concentrate on making that 90% of users
overjoyed right now--and the other 10% in a few more
months after that.

Glen