Clay Leeds wrote:

I don't want to start a war here, but if (& that's a big "if") we're going to go through the hassle of doing an RC, does it make sense to "insert" any "new" functionality into FOP, like TIF output? I understand Oleg Tkachenko's work for TIF is complete (or nearly complete), but (like many PATCHes) was excluded due to code-freeze. My company just implemented some systems which use TIF output, and we have to go through hoops (XML/XSL-FO=>PostScript and then from Postscript=>TIF via GhostScript). It works but is clunky. Since it works, this isn't a make-or-break for me, but is more of a "would be nice"...

I understand the desire to add new features like the Tif generator into the maintenance code. However, doing so would mean effort is distracted away from HEAD development. The sooner we can do a release from HEAD then the sooner FOP gets out of the twilight zone.

Chris