Simon Pepping wrote:

The trouble is renderText is being presented with a whole line at a time. It should be presented with smaller chunks if it is going to be able to add the TSAdjust space to each word space.

Do you need to break the line is as many separate text areas as there
are word spaces ( + 1 )?

Well yes, but I'm open to alternative ideas.

I also believe dAdjust is computed incorrectly. I'm going to change the dAdjust in LineLM.makeLineBreak to be targetWidth - realWidth instead of (targetWidth - realWidth) / realWidth. Have you got any ideas why dAdjust is computed this way?

I guess it is supposed to be a relative, not an absolute length
difference, so that it can be used as a factor. I have not followed
the calculations in that much detail.

Well thats what I thought, but relative factors still need to produce absolute results and realWidth isnt available to use as a multiplier in the TextLM.addAreas method.

Chris