Finn Bock wrote:
[Peter B. West]

Finn,

When I apply your most recent patch (10366) against a cvs updated HEAD
tree and attempt to compile, I get the following:

[javac]
/usr/local/src/fop-HEAD-finn/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties/LinearCombinationLength.java:60:

After applying the patch (10366), the following files should be removed:

src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties/LinearCombinationLength.java
src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties/MixedLength.java

Does anyone know how to include a file-remove in a patch?

From 'man patch' on linux:

You can create a file by sending out a diff that compares /dev/null  or
an empty file dated the Epoch (1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC) to the file you
want to create.  This only works if the file you want to create doesn't
exist  already  in  the target directory.  Conversely, you can remove a
file by sending out a context diff that compares the file to be deleted
with  an  empty  file dated the Epoch.  The file will be removed unless
patch is conforming to POSIX and the -E or --remove-empty-files  option
is  not  given.  An easy way to generate patches that create and remove
files is to use GNU diff's -N or --new-file option.

From 'man diff' on linux:

-N
--new-file
 In directory comparison, if a file is found in only  one  direc-
 tory, treat it as present but empty in the other directory.

Peter -- Peter B. West <http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html>