--- "Peter B. West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In HEAD, ///apps/FOFileHAndler.java contains the
> following:
>
>              factory.setFeature(
>
> "http://xml.org/sax/features/namespace-prefixes";,
> true);

<snip/>

> That is, I would turn allow the namespace-prefixes
> feature to remain in
> its default 'false' state, but make sure the parser
> is namespace aware.
>   I don't know that there is any reason for us to
> collect prefixes,

This is somewhat outside my knowledge, but one
difference, I believe, between HEAD and Alt-Design is
the former's ability to have user-configured, run-time
add-in element mappings.  (I think we have one for
MathML and another one for something else in our
examples.)  Given that, could that be HEAD's reason
for needing to collect prefixes?

Glen