Jeremias et al,

I would like ti use the Unicode Character Database as a source for names of characters. At the moment, ...fonts.Glyphs contains a static table of String pairs containing the Unicode character and its name, respectively. The names are not the Unicode Character Database names, and I thought it might be a good idea if they were. However, there seems to be no way to get the canonical UCD name from Java, although java.lang.Character and java.lang.Character.UnicodeBlock have extensive support for various characteristics of the UCD.

The problem with deriving the names from the UCD is another one of licensing. Any ideas about how we might approach this?