Glen,

I noticed that, but it seems to rather defeat the purpose of having a common wrapper in the first place. It means that at various points in my code, I have to drop out and start looking at the particular implementation. I suppose it is still an advantage, in that *most* of the code will still be able to log using common calls, but it is not tidy.

Peter

Glen Mazza wrote:
There appears a getLogger() that will take you to the native java.util.logging instance:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/org/apache/commons/logging/impl/Jdk14Logger.html

From there, you should be able to call the native setLevel() of the 1.4 logger:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/logging/Logger.html#setLevel(java.util.logging.Level)

-- Peter B. West <http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html>