Hi,

I am trying to enable user configuration of the directory of
hyphenation files, like in the maintenance code. Configuration of the
renderers is easy, because they are instantiated in Fop.main(). But
hyphenation is done deep down in the process, where any reference to
the start-up objects is lost. How can I configure it?

If I am correct, in the maintenance code the user configuration could
be accessed by a static method, anywhere in the process, just like a
log file in commons logging. I suppose that is not the preferred
way of accessing configuration in HEAD?

This is the stack frame:

  [1] org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.Hyphenator.getHyphenationTree
(Hyphenator.java:67)
  [2] org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.Hyphenator.hyphenate (Hyphenator.java:232)
  [3] org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager.getHyphenContext
(LineLayoutManager.java:479)
  [4] org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss
(LineLayoutManager.java:228)
  [5] org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss
(BlockLayoutManager.java:204)
  [6] org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.FlowLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss
(FlowLayoutManager.java:79)
  [7] org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss
(PageLayoutManager.java:229)
  [8] org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageLayoutManager.doLayout (PageLayoutManager.java:194)

The first two frames are in static context. The LMs share a reference
to a user agent object, of type
layoutmgr.AbstractLayoutManager.userAgent. Would this be the right
object to hold a reference to the user configuration?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping