Hi,

In attempting to fix the break-before and break-after properties, I noticed
two methods that are commented out in PropertyManager, checkBreakBefore()
and checkBreakAfter() --used in maintenance branch to keep track of possibly
enforced page- or column-breaks.

I can only assume that the intention is that eventually the logic gets moved
out of the PropertyManager, and into the PageLM/FlowLM, via the
childLM.getNextBreakPoss() method and the LayoutManagers corresponding to
the FObjs that have these properties.
There are, AFAICT only 4 types of FO to which break-before and break-after
apply:
- block level: fo:block / fo:block-container
- fo:list-item
- fo:table-row

Adding the necessary activation code to the FObjs to pass these properties
to Layout is easy enough, but I'm still having a bit of difficulty in
'seeing' what needs to be done to handle this in the respective LMs
getNextBreakPoss()... How is LayoutContext involved in this (or isn't it)?

Anybody with a keen eye for these things?

TIA!

Andreas