What Arnd says make sense. I would like to add that any development help you can give will be gratefully received. However, you need to be aware that the maintenance branch 0.20.5 has been frozen, so any patches you submit to 0.20.5 code are unlikely to make it into the code base. I'm not sure that multi column layouts work at all in the development version, but you are more than welcome to help. If you have any questions at all, please dont hesitate to ask.

Chris
Replying off-list:
I'm not sure I really have a choice concerning the fop version. Considering I needed column balancing "yesterday", I'll take the route that gives me balanced columns ASAP. I haven't looked at the PDF rendering code yet, so (neglecting your desire for the dev version to move forward) would you argue that it would be easiest to add column balancing to the maintenance version or to the dev version? If I can add it quickly to the maintenance version, I would be happy to add the same functionality to the dev version later. Thanks.

AgentM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]