Peter B. West wrote:
In http://xml.apache.org/fop/design/alt.design/index.html there occurs the following link:

The question mark and ampersand are encoded as expected. When I hover on this link in Mozilla, I get:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=103890259919360&w=2
as expected.

When I follow the link, I get the _encoded_ values in the location window, and

Well, the server is right: the URL is sent verbatim, with the special chars encoded, which makes the server look for an object named /?l=fop-dev&m=103890259919360&w=2 rather than for the object / with the parameters l=fop-dev m=103890259919360 w=2 passed.

the website tells me that URL with the _unencoded_ values is not available.
An artefact of the error message generator, I would think.

When I manually change the URL in the location window to contain the _encoded_ values, it works.
Weird, but probably "works as designed."

How do I fix this?
Something is wrong with the XSLT processor's serializer. The usual
drill
- Check JDK version, upgrade if necessary
- Install latest Xalan into lib/endorsed, if necessary
- Submit bug report, if the problem still persists.
It might be prudent to check whether the source doesn't already contain
the wrong URL.

J.Pietschmann