FOP Devs:

I checked in with Chris Bowditch recently to see how his foray work was
coming, and he indicated that he has not had, and probably will not have in
the near future, enough time to complete the evaluation and make a
recommendation to you.

Does anyone else wish to take up this project? It would seem to me to
involve the following:
1. Determine whether the idea of FOP and foray working together is a
workable idea from FOP's standpoint. If not, stop.
2. Do some alpha testing of documents to see whether foray works.
3. Consider whether the API is suitable, and likely to be robust enough for
future expansion.
4. Determine whether FOP developers will do a 0.21 release out of
maintenance branch code. If not, skip to step 7.
5. Apply the fop-maint piece of foray as a large patch to the maintenance
branch.
6. Start into a release cycle.
7. Consider applying the foray API to FOP's trunk.

I think most of these should be pretty trivial except #7.

foray's current status is here:
http://www.foray.org/release.html

Whether through FOP or FOray, my goal is to get a general release completed
before the end of September, so please let me know whether FOP wants to be
part of it.

BTW, if you already have a foray sandbox, you might want to get a new one.
We recently acquired the foray.org domain, and I just moved everything on
the trunk from com.outfitr to org.foray. The 0.1 branch still exists, but I
don't see any point in using it for anything -- if someone wants to pick
this up, I'll start a 0.2 branch.

Victor Mote