Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Batik and FOP devs,
>
> things have been quiet but I finally know the
> reason.
> The board hasn't
> approved the creation of the XML Graphics project
> due to the following
> concern: They didn't recognize any names on the PMC
> list.

Jeremias, this is just not plausible.  How could they
not recognize Jeremias Maerki, Joerg Pietschmann, or
Thomas DeWeese?  (Or even me?  I've had several emails
with Dirk and Ted, etc. over the past year.)  Please
explain further.

> Bertrand is primarily a Cocoon developer but FOP
> people know him as the
> FOP committer who brought his JFOR (FO to RTF
> converter) project into
> FOP.

Ummm, wasn't Peter Herweg (whom Bertrand recommended)
the FOP committer who brought JFOR into FOP, and the
one who has maintained it for us since then?

> If one of the two would like to take the chair
> position I'd gladly
> restart a vote on that part.

I'd like Finn Bock to be added to the PMC before we
consider adding inactive committers.  He's done
mountains of work for the project over the past year
or so, and it's important that his efforts be properly
recognized on this project.

Glen