On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 06:37:28AM -0800, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> Does anyone have a problem if I worked towards
> removing the initialize() method from our
> LayoutManager interface?  The relatively few cases in
> our LM subclasses where we are using it each appear to
> show that they can initialize themselves -- the method
> is currently only being used to query traits from an
> already available FObj, so the need for external
> initialization isn't apparent to me.
>
> I'd rather we move towards subclass-specific
> initialize() methods for those LM subclasses that need
> them (currently, appears to be about zero), with
> comments added as to why external initialization is
> preferable for those LM's.  This would help in better
> understanding the layout process.

I think it is a hook for doing those initialization actions which for
some reason cannot be done in the constructor. I have no idea which
actions that could be. If you can move all required actions for a new
LM object into the constructor, I have no objection to the removal of
this method.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping