Manpages are usually for C-language Unix-specific
applications, no?  I'm not sure of the future they
have compared to website documentation, Docbook, etc.

Unless Docbook can generate manpages, we would also
have the problem of needing to maintain two sets of
documentation (online and manpage) to say the same
thing.

My thinking is that since Xalan, Xerces, Cocoon,
Batik, etc., don't offer them, then we shouldn't
either.  Another issue is this is the first request
I've heard for it in 20 months in being on the team.
All unix folk so far haven't minded using the website,
and failing that, we have already pretty good CLI
instructions.

Glen

--- "Andreas L. Delmelle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>