On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:02:00PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> > > You mean the uncompiled hyphenation XMLs? Not sure here.
> >
> > Yes, I wasn't sure of it myself... Ultimately, a hyph-only JAR containing
> > only compiled patterns would render this approach obsolete --suboptimal at
> > the very least.
> > In that case, the userconfig page might need a small update too; the
> > hyphenation-dir setting can be dropped.
>
> I don't think it would render it obsolete. Automatic compilation of the
> hyphenation patterns could be seen as user-friendly. Fewer things to do.
> Just a thought. It's secondary anyway.

FOP is able to compile FOP-format hyphenation patterns at run time,
and use the result during that run. No compiled file is written. The
HEAD code does currently not listen to any user configuration to find
those files. hyphenation-dir is observed in fop-0.20. In principle it
would be nice to restore this behaviour, and to extend it to
OOo-format patterns. But it is certainly secondary.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl