Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I agree with the actual concept but I actually want something more
general in the long-term. There are various aspects that I'd like to
provide to embedders:

- Number of pages over all and Number of pages for every page-sequence (obviously)
- Callbacks on layout problems such as overflows, missing resources etc.
(on which the listener can veto and therefore cause an exception.) [1]

An important information for users producing book-style documents is, for each page, the difference between the available page heigth and the actual content height.

Even if it is not a real "error" to create them, underfull pages are not beautiful. This information, that could be taken from the PageBreakPositions, would allow users to easily check if fop produced "good" pages without the need to open the pdf and look at it.

Regards
    Luca