I have always commented this test out in my working copy. I do not
like tests that actually (also) test the exact innards of certain
Xerces and Xalan versions.

I have got several copies of those two on my system, and I use them
via the endorsed-dirs mechanism. Some scripts use a different copy
than others, and for me FOP should just work with any recent parser
and transformer. IMHO An upgrade of the jars in FOP does not solve the
problem of this test file.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping