On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:07 am, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip/>
> * The first step I took was moving much of the logic that is
> currently in CollapsingBorderModelEyeCatching (in the layout package)
> to CommonBorderPaddingBackground.

I must admit I know very little about collapsing borders. Therefore if
my comment is useless just ignore it.

I have recently worked on all this "percentage" stuff. This applies also
to border-width specifications. I believe border-width is one of the
inputs to the border collapse algorithm. Relative border-width
specifications can only be resolved at layout time (with the
appropriate context). This seems to indicate the border collapse
algorithm (at least the parts related to border-width) can only run
during layout.

<snip/>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas