On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:25 pm, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> FYI, I'm going to try reimplementing the whole space-resolution part
> on the block-progression-dimension (to start with) using the inputs
> from both Luca and Simon and based on my findings I've documented in
> the Wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/SpaceResolution
>
> I've started by creating a base class "UnresolvedElement" (holding a
> Position instance) from which SpaceElement (holding SpaceProperty)
> and BorderOrPaddingElement (holding a CondLengthProperty) are
> derived. We'll see how well this turns out.

Looking forward to seeing the result of this as the same/similar problem
needs to be solved for the inline-progression-direction.

Side note: The LineLayoutManager currently doesn't add the the
half-leading trait as space-before/space-after as required by the spec
(4.5). This means you won't consider these as part of your space
resolution in bpd although they probably should?

OTOH, I would prefer no big changes to the whole line/inline layout
stuff until my batch of changes accumulated here are in Subversion.

<snip/>
> Jeremias Maerki

Manuel