On 22.09.2006 20:40:17 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 06:05:54PM +0200, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> > I know about nothing of Cocoon, will that be a problem? :-/

Certainly not. But it might help you getting to know Cocoon since you're
likely going to do Cocoon projects in the future, right?

> > Also, although this is perhaps a bit ambitious for two days, we could
> > discuss about the merging of the line- and page-level breaking
> > algorithms?
>
> It is a good idea to look at this, although it is a very complex
> subject.

Yeah, and don't expect to get much done at a hackathon.

> What is a Cocoon serializer in FOP? What does Maven have to do with it?

A serializer is a Cocoon component that converts an XML stream (FO in
this case) to a binary stream (PDF in this case). It's how FOP is
integrated into Cocoon so the Cocooners can generate PDFs. They have a
FOPSerializer for 0.20.5 but now that the API has changed they need a
new one. http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html

Maven is used to build Cocoon 2.2 and I've already tried to write a
FOPSerializer during the last ApacheCon but I spent the whole day just
trying to build Cocoon using Maven, failing in the end.

<snip/>