I was just looking at some inline handling stuff and came across the
inheritance behaviour of the text-decoration property. text-decoration
is not an inherited property but has some 'inheritance' like behaviour
(see spec (1.1) section 7.17.4 (7.16.4 if using 1.0 spec)). I am now
wondering if we do this right:

1) ...<fo:inline text-decoration="underline">some text <fo:inline
color="red"> red text </fo:inline> more text </fo:inline> ...

Should 'red text' be underlined or not? We currently do underline the
text but I interpret the spec that we should not. Only text-decoration
applied to a block level element propagates to nested inlines.
text-decoration applied to an inline does not propagate.

2) ...<fo:block text-decoration="underline">some text <fo:block
color="red"> red text </fo:block> more text </fo:block> ...

Same question: Should 'red text' be underlined or not? We currently do
underline the text but I interpret the spec that we should not.
text-decoration applied to a block level element propagates to nested
inlines only not to nested blocks.

Most likely I am misreading the spec but I am still curious how others
interpret this aspect.

Manuel