On Jan 11, 2007, at 19:51, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Andreas L Delmelle writes:
log is a protected static, so if the class resides in the same
package, then you can use direct member access. Currently, in some
places, the properties seem to be routing the message to the FO's
logger, instead of using Property.log directly...

Or even worse - keeeping a reference to the FObj in question as a
member for the sole purpose of being able to call the getLogger()
method later on  - see LengthBase for example.

Not entirely true, I'm afraid. The fobj is also used to pass into PercentBaseContext.getBaseLength()... so FTM, I only replaced the call to getLogger() with logging to a specific logger for LengthBase.

Don't worry, already cleaning up.

OK. When your changes are submitted and checked in, I'll update my
tree and submit a new patch for the properties fixes.

Done, see: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=495371

Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers,