On Saturday 30 June 2007 03:00, Apache Wiki wrote:
> + === Alternative Implementation ===
> +
> + ==== Rationale ====
> +
> + Given the above noted dependencies, there seems to be a third
> alternative: create multiple FOText instances in the FOTree, which
> would lead to two separate TextLMs being instantiated as a part of
> FOP's "natural" flow. The different, separate TextLMs will, by
> design, trigger the correct relative alignment, and maybe solve other
> of the above mentioned complications of implemententing it in the
> layout-engine. +

Andreas,

have you considered the case of fo:marker elements where the fonts
available for selection may not be known at fo tree construction time?
IIRC we have been 'bitten' before by doing things during the fo tree
construction phase only to find out later that it is broken when it
comes to markers. May be its not an issue here as I haven't thought
this through in detail.

Cheers

Manuel