Hi,

> The following page has been changed by VincentHennebert:
> http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/TableLayout/KnownProblems
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Documenting a problem with the merging algorithm for tables

I was planning to send a mail to fop-dev but since this is quite
technical and requires some drawings to help understanding I thought I’d
write a wiki page. The discussion can continue here.

Right now I have no solution in mind but I’m hoping to find one. In any
case I’m afraid we will have to make choices among the set of layout
possibilities, as it may be impossible to code them all in just one
Knuth sequence.

More on this later,