+1 to being cautious about dropping support for Java 1.4 without
consulting the user base first, i.e. +1 for another user poll, though I
wouldn't do it before October.
+1 to putting the users' desires above the developers' desires.
+1 to moving to Java 1.5 when the time is right.
-0.5 (no veto) to moving to Java 1.5 before Oct 2008.
+1 to making experiments with Retroweaver (but please not in Trunk).