Il giorno 14/ott/08, alle ore 00:15, Dario Laera ha scritto:
If I understood correctly, the parentArea of a LM instance points to a new area each time it's called to create areas for a new page: a table that spans in 10 pages will point to 10 areas in the instance life time. So freeing parentArea shouldn't be a problem. The LMs I free are the LineLM (and, obviously, relative children): by definition, they shouldn't span in many pages. Am I correct?

I realized I was wrong...
I've attached a new patch that deals only with parent area and doesn't free any LM. This patch adds also an "implements Serializable" in a class that gets cached with the area tree, and adds a command line flag to enable caching. The changes in this patch are not always necessary, but in many cases can saves lots of memory.

Dario