Hi Dario,

This is an interesting study. I need some more time to understand the
implications fully. At first sight you prove that for normal documents
the improvement is small. The paragraphs need to get long before your
strategy makes a difference. This is interesting, however, for long
chapters with many pages, as you mentioned in your earlier email.

It is clear why long paragraphs make a difference. Why does one- or
two-column layout make a large difference? Simply due to the twice
larger number of pages? I do not understand the left-aligned case. Is
this not just the same as a first-fit layout?

A more theoretical measurement would be the maximum number of active
nodes.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping