Hi Guys,

Maybe a bit late, but you may find the following page interesting:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPIntelliJSetup
Feel free to make any additions or corrections to this document.

As to the use of checkstyle: I think the rules were set up long after
the project was created. So the code that was already existing didn’t
follow all of them. And modifying it accordingly isn’t a straightforward
nor enjoyable task...

However, new committed code is not supposed to break any rule, neither
warnings nor errors.

HTH,
Vincent