On 12/08/11 20:38, Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 02:33:05PM +0100, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>> On 10/08/11 12:56, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>> junit-compile-java:
>>>     [mkdir] Created dir:
>>> /srv/gump/public/workspace/xml-fop/build/test-classes
>>>     [mkdir] Created dir:
>>> /srv/gump/public/workspace/xml-fop/build/test-gensrc
>>>     [mkdir] Created dir:
>>> /srv/gump/public/workspace/xml-fop/build/test-reports
>>>     [javac] Compiling 169 source files to
>>> /srv/gump/public/workspace/xml-fop/build/test-classes
>>>     [javac]
>>> /srv/gump/public/workspace/xml-fop/test/java/org/apache/fop/pdf/FileIDGeneratorTestCase.java:39:
>>>  cannot find symbol
>>>     [javac] symbol  : constructor
>>> TestSuite(java.lang.Class[],java.lang.String)
>>>     [javac] location: class junit.framework.TestSuite
>>>     [javac]         TestSuite suite = new TestSuite(new Class[] {
>>>     [javac]                           ^
>>
>> Does anyone understand what is going on here? I can’t imagine that the
>> JUnit version running on Gump is too old, this constructor has been
>> existing since at least 2006.
>
> I do, after a long search. Gump uses
> /srv/gump/packages/junit3.8.1/junit.jar, see
> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/xml-fop/xml-fop-test/gump_work/build_xml-fop_xml-fop-test.html.
> In that version the constructor does not exist, see
> http://www.junit.org/junit/javadoc/3.8.1/junit/framework/TestSuite.html.
>
> This is the first and only time that FOP code uses this constructor.
>
> So, yes, you need to extend your imagination. Time for Gump to upgrade
> to version 3.8.2.

Indeed, I didn’t realise version 3.8.1 was so old. Thanks for the
investigation Simon.

Now I’m not too sure how to get JUnit upgraded. Should I send a mail to
general at gump.apache.org, or builds at apache.org, or raise an issue?
Apparently the former, but this list seems to be the project’s dev list.

Thanks,