Hi Glenn,

Well actually git-svn has an option to update the svn:mergeinfo. It might be
worth giving it a try. There are some restrictions and I suggest to test it
first. The following is part of $ man git-svn

          --mergeinfo=<mergeinfo>
               Add the given merge information during the dcommit (e.g.
               --mergeinfo="/branches/foo:1-10"). All svn server versions can
store
               this information (as a property), and svn clients starting from
               version 1.5 can make use of it. To specify merge information from
               multiple branches, use a single space character between the
branches
               (--mergeinfo="/branches/foo:1-10 /branches/bar:3,5-6,8")

                   config key: svn.pushmergeinfo

               This option will cause git-svn to attempt to automatically
populate
               the svn:mergeinfo property in the SVN repository when possible.
               Currently, this can only be done when dcommitting
non-fast-forward
               merges where all parents but the first have already been pushed
into
               SVN.