Hi Olivier,

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately the Apache Legal team will require an ICLA before this file can be accepted into our code base

Thanks,

Chris

On 02/12/2021 09:37, Olivier Cailloux wrote:
Le jeudi 25 novembre 2021 à 09:01 +0000, Chris Bowditch a écrit :
HI Olivier,

yes I agree it would be nice to include some hyphenation files in the
FOP distribution.

The author of the file would need to submit an ICLA, which would be an
official declaration that the copyright is handed over to Apache.
The author initially had written to me: “The first 62 lines were made
by me and I hereby place them into the public domain.”

Following your suggestion, I wrote to him again, asking for an ICLA and
to confirm to me that he has the copyright on that work. To which he
replied the following. “Sorry, I'm not into paperwork.  I've already
stated in an email that I have placed those lines into the public
domain.  And I did write them myself and I was not contracted to anyone
else.”

Is there anything we can do? It seems reasonable to me to reuse this
file even without proper ICLA, as the author has clearly stated his
intent.

I can of course forward our e-mail conversation to interested
developers.

.