> > No, I don't think so. The Multiple Master Font Extensions have not been
> > implemented, yet.
>
> Hmm. I have to assume PDF is capable of carrying both the PFB and the MMM;
> So let me guess: assuming the weight-axis data is in the MMM file, FOP
> needs to revise it's PFMReader to extrapolate metrics for boldness based
> on other PFMs and the MMM file, and it needs to revise its method for
> embedding fonts to be able to include both PFB and MMM data?
>
> I dunno, it's very late my time, so forgive me if I'm way off the mark.
> :)

You're on the right way! If you really want to dive into it, here are
some pointers:
Font specs from Adobe:
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/technotes/fonts.html

Multiple Master Font Extensions are described in:
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5015.Type1_Supp.pdf

> I wonder how hard that would be to do...

I'm not sure. I haven't looked at Multiple Master, yet. Good luck.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 41 317 20 20 - Fax +41 41 317 20 29
Internet http://www.outline.ch