Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: BindException

On Monday 25 February 2002 14:29, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
>. . .
> java.net.BindException: Adresse déjà utilisée LifecycleException:
> null.open:  java.net.BindException: Adresse déjà utilisée at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize
>. . .

Looks like tomcat is unable to start its HttpConnector, meaning the
port that it wants to use (8080 as standard, but check your tomcat
config) is already used by another program. Maybe by another instance
of tomcat if it wasn't stopped properly.

Most likely this has nothing to do with the X server.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++